I grew up in Saskatchewan; when it is -52, I could care less what I look like. The only goal with that kind of weather, is surviving without Frostbite. The model world did not approve of my practical mind. I could not wear my snowsuit, while going to castings.
I always admire those girls that will choose style over anything else. The gal that is freezing, but looks fierce; she is in high heels, while her feet bleed.
I have good news. You can look stylish and still be cozy. These tricks were a life-saver for me.
- Under-wear? This is an old Saskatchewan secret. A pair of tights, hose, or silk Long John’s will keep you warm, while wearing less. I won’t tell anyone what is under your clothes.
- Emphasis the waist! A sweater dress or shapeless top can leave us feeling frumpy. A cropped coat is a great way to create shape, and style. Warm it up with a nice hat or scarf.
- Be Soft and Flowy with Wool. An oversized sweater can be dressed up quite nicely with a flowy dress or skirt. Ditch the pants, and embrace something feminine. You can still pair it with some thigh-highs or tights.
- Play with Proportions. Create more shape with a cropped sweater over a dress, longer shirt, or pants.
- In-Vest! A vest can really change an outfit. I love a faux fur or faux leather vest, over a nice sweater or cardi. Add a scarf and some nice gloves. You are warm and stylist.
- Belts & Cross-bags, Oh My. A baggy cardigan, sweater, or jacket can keep you warm. Add a belt or cross bag, will create some shape.
You will never have another uninspired outfit again using Pinterest, which is where I found these photos.